Companies bear a major responsibility with regard to both humankind and nature.
Accordingly, for many years Banner has committed itself to optimum safety, health and environmental protection. Strict directives, which are continually updated to accommodate new know-how, offer optimum safeguards for employees, neighbours, customers, consumers and the environment.
Global warming and the growing shortage of fossil fuels have resulted in environmental statutes and legal consequences.
Since 2015, the CO2 emissions from new vehicles must be lower than 130g CO2/km and by 2020 this figure is to fall to 95g CO2/km.
Accordingly, automotive manufacturers are turning to micro-hybrid drives in which battery technology plays a decisive role. In general, two differing starter battery types are employed in these environment-friendly vehicles, consisting of the absorbent glass mat (AGM*) and the enhanced flooded battery (EFB*) systems.
* AGM = absorbent glass mat, which absorbs the battery acid and thus binds it in.
* EFB = enhanced flooded battery, the cycle resistant starter battery.
Banner possesses one of Europe's most modern and environment-friendly battery production plants. Moreover, sustainability and environmental protection represent a key element in its corporate philosophy.
Banner is a founder member of the Umweltforum Starterbatterien (Starter Battery Environmental Forum) because as a lead processing company it recognises the fact that it bears special responsibilities.
- Research and production in line with the highest quality standards, which above all employs manufacturing processes with a low environmental impact.
- The economical and sustainable use of energy and raw materials.
- Reprocessing and recycling by means of a closed product loop.
- The utilisation of ongoing improvements emanating from R&D for the minimisation of the ecological footprint.